9.04.2009

Happy Birthday, Johnny!


J~Jeans (loves to wear his "cowboy jeans.")

O~One-Track (once an idea is in his head, good luck changing it!)


H~Helper (always ready to help Mom-especially in the kitchen!)


N~Navy Blue (his VERY favorite color!)


N~Neckerchief (a must have on his last Christmas list.)


Y~Years (7, to be exact. the number we have been blessed to have him in our family.)

I can't believe that seven years ago, I was holding a brand new baby in my arms! Time sure does fly and I feel so blessed to be his Mom. I don't think I've ever met a more passionate, energetic, story telling, dramatic, adventurous or fearless boy. Just a few of the things that make Johnny who he is and why I love him.

Do you remember being little and not being able to sleep the night before your birthday? Well, that was Johnny Wednesday night. It's funny, because it almost makes them so miserable from lack of sleep that it's impossible to enjoy the day. Go figure! Anyway, I ran out to the school to drop off cookies to his class and decided to stay and eat lunch with both of my boys. We had a great time. I'm so glad that my boys are still in the stage of wanting to be around me. I hope it never changes! When the boys got home from school we headed out to the Olive Garden, (Johnny's favorite) for a little birthday pasta. He received the royal treatment; singing and even a free cake for himself. Never seen that at a restaurant before. I would like to say that I will be posting picutures of the evening, but I realized at the beginning of dinner that the camera battery was dead. Isn't that always the case? No worries, I was able to snap a few later that night when we opened presents and sang happy birthday. I think it's safe to say that the day was a success!

Happy Birthday, Pork Chop!





1 comment:

Amy and Kris said...

I'm sorry we weren't able to call & wish Johnny a happy birthday! Sounds like he had a great day though! Can't wait to celebrate on Sunday!