The other morning I woke up, gazed at the sun starting to creep over the mountains and break through the bathroom window, and instantly I was grumpy.
I stomped and frowned my way around the house for 40 minutes while the boys got ready. Finally one of them said to me, "What's wrong? The day just started. What are you so incredibly grumpy about?"
Before I could make up some excuse about my not getting enough sleep, my mouth went and told on me. "I CAN'T DO THIS!"
I. Am. So. Lame.
Usually I feel great about myself, and some how manage to check off all of my "to do list," so there should be no reason for me to be anything but happy. Therefore, I blame the devil himself for planting seeds of irritation in my brain.
The point isn't how much or how little I accomplish in a day. The point is I've fallen for that old trap that keeps me from loving this day and these people around me because I'm all wrapped up in my imperfections. The world is beautiful and I've got people who love me and support me in spite of these imperfections.
I got the boys out the door and proceeded to get myself ready for the day. Once I succumb to a relaxing, hot shower I know I'll be fine.
That old turkey we call the devil knows just what will tip us in the wrong direction, and if we're not actively seeking to find the little rays of sunshine in our day he will rain on our parade faster than a flash flood. The trick is shrugging off the blue or black thoughts and running in the other direction as fast as possible.
So, bring on the sunshine and smiles. I'm all ready to go.
2 comments:
Well said Anne! I agree wholeheartedly.
Love it. It is so true. I love how you caught your self early. What an example you are.
Post a Comment