
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Dad....happy birthday to you! Today, December 27th, is my sweet Dad's 57th birthday. I can't believe how fast time flies! I have been blessed to call him Dad for the past 33 years. CRAZY!! Since we aren't going to be able to celebrate with him today (he is in Mississippi visiting Grandmother & Grandaddy) I wanted to dedicate a post in honor of his special day. Over the years I have grown to know and love my Dad and I would like to list some words that come to mind when I think of him:
Gary Puckett~cherry chocolates~friend~channel surfer~green toyota~training school~Dad~trivia~writer~son~listener~books~records~example~Pappy~pasta maker~sweatshirts~"for crying out pete's sake"~Utah Jazz~
guitar~tennis~music~moon pies~leader~inspiration~tennis shoes~David O. McKay~Dr. Pepper~books~Cosmo~Murphy's Law~crossword puzzles~M*A*S*H~Robert Frost~movies~poems~BYU~office~"allbedadgum"~educator~Beatles~winger's wings~turn tables~husband~funny~"smartest man I know"~trivia~Germany~blue~"I've got a chapter in my book about that"~brother~Home Alone~DAT~love~family.
Thank you, Dad for ALL that you are and for ALL that you do! I couldn't have hoped for better!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
3 comments:
Yay!! Happy Birthday to KEV!
What a beautiful tribute to your Dad, Ann...I laughed at some of the words that you wrote about him...what a great guy!!
What a sweet post. My dad passed away 18 years ago and I still think of him every year on his birthday (in fact, this last year we had Landon induced on my dad's birthday and gave him my dad's name for his middle name - I sure love my dad, too!!! He would have been 60 this year - wow, weird! Now I just need to find a nice man for my mom!)
Post a Comment