2.06.2009

12 years ago today.....


You know what they say....Time flies when you're having fun! 12 years ago today, I was lucky enough to marry my best friend. Aaron and I met in junior high school and started to become really good friends when I got a job working at McDonald's. He was my manager and LOVED to tell me what to do:)! For the next 2+ years, we did nothing but hang out while he was getting ready to leave for his mission. Strange thing was, there was no spark between us. In fact, we even tried the boyfriend girlfriend thing and decided that it just wasn't for us. I was fine with that because I REALLY enjoyed being his best friend and didn't want to screw that up. So, I sent him off on his mission, wrote him faithfully for two years, and was there at the airport (as a friend) when he got home. When he got home (October 8, 1996) we hung out every day. 4 SHORT weeks later (November 2, 1996) he proposed. 3 very LONG months later (February 6, 1997) we were married in the Salt Lake Temple. I guess the spark was there after all.

So, here we are. 12 years, 2 handsome and energetic boys, 1 basement apartment, 2 moves, 2 houses, 4 jobs, one college degree, 1 pet, thousands of ups, hundreds of tears, and 1 million blessings later....we have a marriage, our life, a family, and a thousand memories with a thousand more to come. Thank you, baby for allowing me to share your life. You are, by far, the smartest decision I have EVER made. I can't wait to see what the next 12 years bring and there is no one I would rather ride this roller coaster with, than you!

Happy Anniversary!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are perfect for each other!!!

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! You're such a darling couple!!

Heidi said...

Oh how sweet! I can't believe it, 12 years. Congrats.