



We, like many others lately, were able to attend the Draper Temple open house this past weekend with my Mom and Dad. What an AMAZING experience! Yes, I have been to many temples and I enjoy each visit, but this visit was different. Everything inside a temple looks different when you get to experience it through a 9 & 6 year olds minds. This was the first time that they have seen more than the grounds of a temple. We all agreed that Jackson appreciated it a little more than Johnny. Jackson was able to not only enjoy the beauty, but could understand the principals a little bit more. Johnny, on the other hand, was pretty much intoxicated by the light fixtures and nothing else. In fact, when we first walked in and saw the baptismal font I said to him, "look at the oxen underneath the font!" He said, "what about them?" Oh, the mind of a six year old!! For those of you who haven't had a chance to go through, I highly recommend it. You have until the 14th of March. Be advised that you could be in for a wait. We got lucky though. They ushered us right in with no wait. The line through the temple was long, but moved quickly. One of the volunteers there told us that they were averaging 20,000 visitors A DAY! Can you imagine? They must be coming from all over to see this magnificent sight. It's hard to believe that some people in this world will never get a chance to experience something like this. We are so blessed to live within a short driving distance to multiple temples. It's easy to take it for granted sometimes, but we should use every opportunity we have to visit on a regular basis. I am so thankful for temples and that I was able to share this experience with my family. As Jackson said to my Dad that night, "it's the most beautiful thing i've ever seen!" I think that says it all:)
No comments:
Post a Comment