-James E. Faust
Don't you just love Mother's Day? My boys were so excited the night before about giving me their gifts that they hardly even slept. Aren't home made gifts just the best? I used to (still do, actually), give my parents the hardest time about the home made gifts they STILL display. I never understood why they would want these gifts shown when clearly they don't look all that great. Now I understand. Until I became a Mom I never knew that receiving a gift like that could fill my heart with more love and my eyes with more tears than a gift made with love from my boys.
I had a terrific day! Jackson and Johnny made me the cutest things at school. Jackson gave me an art picture that he made with pastels. For his first time it was great! He also have me a note holder to put on the fridge with a note inside written in cursive. Johnny made me a magnet with post-it notes to put on the fridge, as well as the cutest flower pen he made himself. The card was just as cute, as he listed words that came to mind when he thought of me. Seriously, it just melts your heart. As for my sweet husband, he have me a new bush for the yard and well as new ground cover that took the place of our nasty looking bark! Thanks, baby!
The boys sang beautifully in church (as always), and in the afternoon we headed to Aaron's Mom's for gift exchange and a few munchies! Always a good time when Aaron's sister and brother-in-law are there. After that we went to my Mom and Dad's for a BBQ.
I am so thankful to be a Mom. What a blessing it has been in my life. Without a doubt, the HARDEST job I have ever done, but with the biggest reward! I can't imagine being anything else. I am SO grateful for the most WONDERFUL Mom in the world. She is by far the most PATIENT, LOVING, GENEROUS, KIND and BEAUTIFUL person. I know I will NEVER be as good a Mom as her, but I will try my hardest to come close. I will forever be grateful for the example she was and is to me in my life, both as a Mother and a person. I love you, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!!



No comments:
Post a Comment