Hooray for a planted garden!! We were able to get our garden planted on family night. I couldn't believe how excited the boys were to help. The plan was actually to get it planted on Saturday while we were already knee deep in yard work. However, Saturday's are a little crazy around here these days what with 2 boys in soccer and normal errands there just isn't enough daylight. No worries. It turned out to be a great family night activity. Last year was the first year the boys really wanted to help out. Even though they got a little bored towards the end, they were still willing to work. And like I said to Aaron, planting is not the funnest thing in the world, but enjoying the benefits is well worth the hard work. It's crazy to think that the total cost of planting our garden came to $9.35! I don't think I could get 6-7 bell peppers or tomatoes for that at today's grocery prices. Plus, there is something so rewarding about eating something that you know a lot of hard work was put into. Total sense of accomplishment! I, for one, can't wait for my crook neck squash! Here's hoping for a generous crop this year!
1 comment:
Great job!!! I'm hoping that I don't kill everything I planted. If I do, throw a tomato my way :)
Post a Comment