6.02.2009

Kindergarten Graduation

I find it so funny that there always seems to be a reason to have a get together. I don't remember there ever being reason for a graudation party unless it was for high school or college. Not the case anymore.

Johnny had his Kindergarten graduation on Friday, May 29, 2009. I am amazed at fast time flies. By the fall of this year, I will have both boys in school FULL TIME!! CrAzY!!!

The night before the big day, Johnny informs me that he wants to pick out his own outfit (if you know Johnny, that is SO him!). He gets up and picks out a white shirt and tie, jeans, and the infamous cowboy boots! I asked him if he needed to be in church clothes and he says that his teacher told him to wear whatever he wanted.....so he did! Of course, the only one in a white shirt AND tie! A couple of girls in dresses, but Johnny stood right out. Nothing different there as far as Johnny is concerned :) You've gotta love it!! So, the graduation was fantastic! Johnny had such an amazing teacher this year, that I know next year's teacher will have some pretty big shoes to fill. The program was so well thought out and creative and even had the kids doing multiple parts of it in sign language. That's right! Johnny even learned the pledge of alligance in sign language this year! These teachers are amazing and I can't even imagine all the work they put into teaching our children. I will forever be grateful to each an every one of them and for the impact they will continue to have on my boys' lives. I look forward to a new year, new school, new teachers, new challenges, new experiences, and most of all...a new chapter in our lives this upcoming year! I can't wait!!













No comments: