10.11.2011

food for thought

I was just sitting here contemplating this roller coaster we call life. We know it moves quickly, has its ups and downs, makes us sick, and even excites us. Even knowing all of this, we continue to ride. Is it the thrill of the unknown we seek, or do we push through the fear in hopes we'll come out on the other side feeling exhilarated and ready to ride again?

My goal for my 36th year in life (yes, I'm turning 36 on the 14th of this month!), is to enjoy the ride. I know there is a lesson in this somewhere, and I am bound and determined to discover it. While I've never considered myself much of a dare-devil, I've also never been known to throw in the towel. Who knows? Maybe there's a compromise somewhere?!

And, hey, if all else fails...there's always the merry-go-round.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Sounds like a great adventure waiting for your 36th year! You'll do great, I know it.

Dad said...

Sweetie, with all the 25-cent words I learned in college and several hardbound and online dictionaries and thesauruses at my disposal, I still can't find all the words I need to tell you how much I love you and how proud I am to read what youve wriiten. I'm not speaking only of your grammar, syntax, and style. They're marvelous, true -- but your heart and spirit are perfect. How glad am I that I didn't wreck any of your goodness over the years as I used you, our firstborn, as the guinnea pig in my "How to be a Father" research. Love you, Daught!!