10.05.2011

good news minute

We all dreaded it as children, right?! The infamous three word sentence that sent chills down our spines...PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE! I think it's safe to say that I could stop with those three words, but I won't.

As if it isn't stressful enough to hold this dreaded meeting twice a year, it is also deemed necessary for parents to reserve their desired time WEEKS in advance. Poor kids! Why not just pour salt on the ever increasing wound!

I think that I, along with many others, would admit that we walk into the school hoping for the best and expecting the worst. Turns out, this year's meeting left no wounds or battle scars. Nothing can please a Mom more than to hear great things such as:

"What a gentlemen your son is."
"His scores are above grade level."
"If it were up to me, your son would be permanent assistant coach of our class."
"You are raising an amazing boy."
"His manners are remarkable."

The truth is, I could go on and on - I won't. I felt so incredibly honored to walk away from this experience with a sense of pride for my boys. I'm completely blessed to have been entrusted to these magnificent children and it's safe to say that my rule of parenting will remain unchanged - be smart enough to know when to stay out of their way and let them be who they are.

Life. Is. Good.

No comments: