
Around 4:00 am this morning I woke up to the sound of the bathroom door closing. I waited until I heard the door re open and then got up to see who was awake. Turns out it was Jackson complaining of a stomach ache. I asked him all of the routine questions. Do you have to go to the bathroom? Do you feel like your going to throw up? Are you hungry? Well, he answers no to all of them so I tell him to go ahead and lay flat, that maybe it's just a cramp. After about 30 minutes of rubbing his belly he turns to me and says, "Mom! I know what it is. It's bigger pains." I'm thinking in my mind, "what is bigger pains?" I ask him and he says, "you know, I'm getting bigger and your body hurts when it gets bigger. And when I was in the bathroom just now it looks like I grew!" Isn't that so cute? I love documenting the innocence of kids. Anyway, after about 45 minutes he finally said he was ready to go back to sleep. He woke up for school just fine. I'll have to remember to tell him that he does look a little "bigger" today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment