I can't believe how domestic we were this weekend. About a month ago Aaron informed me that he wanted a pressure cooker for his birthday. I fought him on it just a little bit because I wasn't sure we would get our money's worth out of it (just so you know, they run about $250!). Anyway, I agreed that it would be in our best interest to invest in one and start building up our food storage...again. Well, it finally arrived last Wednesday and just in time, too. Our beans, tomatoes, onions and jalepeno's were ready to be picked. We started Friday and were able to get the green beans done. We took a break on Saturday for Johnny's birthay party at Boondocks (post to come later on that:) and then continued through Saturday evening until 11:00PM putting up tomatoes and salsa. CRAZY!! I can see why people opt to purchase canned goods rather then put them up themselves. It is so much work, but the reward is so great. Not only do we get to benefit from our hard work over the summer, but the taste is incredible! If you ever feel that you should purchase I pressure cooker, I highly recommend it. You won't be sorry and you won't believe the multiple uses it has. FYI...we broke into a jar of salsa last night and it was delicious! A little on the hot side, but the flavor was unbelievable! I have to admit that it's nice to see our storage shelves looking plentiful again. I just can't believe the sense of accomplishment that is felt and knowing we are the following instruction that we have been given by our leaders. It's true what they say...nothing worth having in life comes easy.




1 comment:
The bottled tomatoes are my very favorite! I always do those with my mom!!
Post a Comment