Happy birthday, Pork Chop! It's weird to think that six years ago today I was looking at an 8lb 9oz little boy laying helpless in the NICU of American Fork Hospital. I was so worried thinking when do I get to bring him home and will he ever get unhooked from all the cables and machines that were helping make him better? Fast forward six years and it's easy to see that his personality is the same today as it was when he was born.....determined! And if you know Johnny, that is exactly what he is. What a great day we had celebrating with our 6 year old. He got to start the day off with opening the present his brother bought for him (an Iron Man figure). We told him he would have to wait until later to open the gift from Mom and Dad and that was torture, I'm sure! His class sang to him and all day long was referred to in class as "birthday boy." He loved it! After he came home we baked cupcakes together and waited for Jackson to get home from school. Since Aaron couldn't get out of scouts tonight we decided to meet at the Olive Garden at 4:00 and have an early dinner. Johnny loves Olive Garden, especially the fettucine alfredo, which is what he ordered. Well, the plan was 4:00 so when Aaron was late to arrive I decided to give him a call. When I checked my phone I noticed a missed message from Aaron. He texted me "I'm getting a ticket!" I couldn't believe it. A few minutes later he walks in and says that he somehow smooth talked himself right out of it. I have never met anyone with his luck. Anyway, dinner finally got under way and after a short while we headed home for a little cupcake action and the unveiling of the "gift." Johnny FINALLY got the bike he has been bugging us for all summer long. All in all I think the day was a success. I wish I could say the celebration is over, but we get to continue the celebration all through the weekend. We've got the big Boondocks party on Saturday, and the family party on Sunday. Birthday's....literally the gift that keeps on giving :) We love you, Johnny and are so grateful to have you as part of our family. Our puzzle wouldn't be complete without you!



1 comment:
Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment