
I realize that this is a random post, but I was on my computer last night looking for a spiritual thought for our primary presidency meeting when I ran across this quote from Sister Hinckley. It really touched me and so I am going to share it.
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking the kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with the children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."-Marjorie Hinckley
I think we sometimes have this idea that life should run organized and perfect all the time. Life is messy, right? That's really hard for me because I do enjoy order, but last night reading this made me stop and think. I hope that those of you who read this will feel what I felt. She was such a wise woman and I still miss her testimony and the inspiration she was here upon the earth.
5 comments:
she was not only wise but also loving and down to earth. that is a beautiful quote.
Fabulous!!! She couldn't have said it better!! Thanks!!
I love that quote too! Someone printed it up in a relief society lesson a while back and I love when I come across it in my scriptures. Glad you're finally thinking about being more like me! ;) I love to be organized.. but don't have to ability to keep up with it!
I hope you don't mind I looked at your blog...
I LOVED this quote! Thanks for sharing it. I think I may copy it for myself.
Thanks--when I grow up i want to be just like sister Hinckley!! That was just what I needed to hear today! Nice blog--by the way!!
Post a Comment