11.04.2008

and the winner is......


Looks like it's official! We not only have a new President of the United States of America, but the first African American President of the United States of America. I keep trying to explain to the boys what an historical moment this is. I know they don't quite understand it yet, but this is what history books are made up of. It's weird listening to all of the opinions of the children floating around. I know that when I was growing up there wasn't this much concern or talk amongst children during a presidential race. I guess it just goes to show, yet again, that times sure have changed. So, after all is said and done, I feel lucky to live in a country where I have the right to have an opinion. It will be interesting to see the changes that are about to take place and what will become of the good ole US of A. Here's hoping for the best!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Great post Anne - I agree, it will be an exciting (and absolutely interesting) upcoming 4 years.. history has been made, that's for sure!

Mindi B said...

Well said. It was so interesting because when we were watching his acceptance speech, I almost felt really touched; our first African American President, when in the beginning, they couldn't even vote. I hope our nation will come together and support our new leaders.