
I'm guessing I'm not alone when I say that our household has been suffering from all sorts of sickness over the last little while. I know that frequent and thorough hand washing is one of the better ways to prevent this, but I can't always control how my boys choose to, or not to wash their hands. Sometimes I hear the water running for a while and their little voices muttering under their breath, other times the water is off almost before it turned on.
Well, I heard of an idea to help kids visualize what they usually can't see. Coat their damp hands with some cinnamon and pretend it is germs, dirt, and bacteria that needs to be scrubbed off. This might keep them washing as long as they need to and make them aware of the nooks and crannies that are easy to miss. Let's be honest. We'll do just about anything to help stop germs before they start. And with the winter we have had I am always up for a good idea!
3 comments:
That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I love the new blog design too! Super fun!
Great idea Anne! I'm all for some good hand-washing... heaven knows we need it since winter is never going to end!
One of the Dr.'s I worked with said his kids had to sing the whole ABC's.. then it went to some of the scripture songs.. whatever gets the job done is fine with me!!!
Post a Comment