3.27.2009

On my mind....

Have you ever had one of "those" weeks? Well I have....recently, in fact and in some strange way I am grateful for the way those type of weeks can help me to grow. I think it's important to be put into positions that remind us of our blessings and to not take anything in this life for granted. To that end, I ran across some quotes from one of my all time favorite sisters in the gospel. Sister Marjorie Hinckley. I know I have quoted her before in past blogs, but when someone is as insightful as her you can't help but look up to her and take her words to heart. That's what I did and I wanted to share what I read:

"Find joy in your children. Don't overschedule them or yourself. You may not be able to take them on exotic vacations. It doesn't matter. When the day dawns bright and sunny, take an excursion to the canyon or the park. When it's cloudy and wet, read a book together or make something good to eat. Give them time to explore and learn about the feel of grass and the wiggliness of worms."-Marjorie Hinckley




"We each do the best we can. My best may not be as good as your best, but it's my best. The fact is that we know when we are doing our best and when we are not. If we are not doing our best, it leaves us with a gnawing hunger and frustration. But when we do our level best, we experience a peace."-Marjorie Hinckley

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Love it! Thanks Anne! I love that they go together too. Enjoy your children, do your best. It is something we always need to be reminded of.

Laura said...

Anne - I think you were inspired -- I needed those quotes!

Heidi said...

I love all of her quotes so much! Let me know if you need some help one of these days! :) My kids would love hanging out.