7.31.2008

I love to see the Temple





"And if it so be that ye should labor all your days and bring but one soul unto me. How great shall be your joy." What a great day it was for us yesterday. After many years of trial, tribulation, perserverance, love and family, Aaron's Mother was able to return to the Temple. Her records were reinstated and we were honored to be able to be with her and share in her special day. I am grateful for the example she is to me and my family. It isn't easy to set a goal and decide within yourself to obtain that goal, no matter what the cost. I know that she has always had a testimony and a desire to serve our Heavenly Father. She will now have the opportunity to do that on a more regular basis as she has been called to be a Temple Worker. Can you even imagine a more fulfilling assignment than the work of the Lord? I know she will be blessed because of her willingness, faithfulness and diligence. I am so grateful for my Husband. It is because of his love and his closeness to the Spirit that all of this came to be. He followed the prompting in spite of everyone's disapproval. He knew at the time that it was the right thing to do, and because of that, her life has been changed for the better. I am so glad we were able to be part of her experience and for the opportunity that it allowed us to be together inside the Temple. It is always a good experience and such an enjoyable way to spend an evening. After our session, Mom took us out for some great mexican food. I wish I would have brought my camera inside the restaurant to show what Aaron and Chad ate for dinner. It could have easily fed the two of them plus me, Mom and Noey. However, the girls decided to take a more traditional approach in our menu choices. As for the guys...they enjoyed every bite and I'm sure Chad will be ordering it in the future! Thanks everyone for the enjoyable night and for allowing us to be a part of it.

2 comments:

Amy and Kris said...

Wow Anne that is so great! I got all teary-eyed reading this post! I'm so happy to hear that Bev went throught the temple & she will be so great as a temple worker! Tell her we are so happy for her!
Amy

Heidi said...

Sweet Bev. I love her so much.