8.25.2008

bye, bye birdie!

Well, our last bird left the nest this morning. Johnny has officially started Kindergarten(tear). We convinced him to let us take him the first day and then he could ride the bus from here on out. He is SO independent that he would have walked all the way to school if we'd let him. I did really good until they made their line up to head into the classroom and that's when the water works started. Luckily, my friend Amy was there with her son Parker and she was in as bad of shape as I was. Aaron kept saying, "aren't you glad?" Of course, it is nice, but when you are a Mom I think you look at it differently. Dad's go off to their job everyday and that doesn't change as far as what they do with the kids. These boys are my job and my whole life and suddenly it feels that they don't need me and that puts me right out of a job! Hard to explain unless you've been here, but it hurts. I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be fine and adjusting right into a nice comfy schedule just for Mom.




No comments: