
I had to take Johnny to the school this morning for his Kindergarten assessment. I have been working with him this summer on all the things he would need to know for Kindergarten. He actually learned it in preschool, but I like to do workbooks with my kids in the summer. I would hate for all their hard work be lost and forgotten, so they had to work on reading and a couple of pages just to keep their minds in gear and ready for school. Well, this morning we were going over letters with him and there are two letters (G&E) that he struggles with. I can't for the life of me figure it out, but anyhow, we told him that he will have to learn them so he can go to Kindergarten. We didn't think much of what we said to him at the time. Well, when we got to the classroom he kept asking Miss Gurney if all of his friends passed. She told him, yes and that made him hopeful. After every group of questions he kept asking, "did I pass?" She, of course, kept assuring him that he had passed. Finally at the very end he started cheering and I asked him what the cheering was for. He said, "well, Miss Gurney said I passed so I guess I don't have to ever learn what G&E look like and I still get to go to Kindergarten!" We both laughed and hesitantly informed him that just because he passed didn't mean he could stop practicing. I don't think that part thrilled him, but the part of passing and getting to show up for Kindergarten on Monday sure did! You have got to love the innocence and purity of children. For sure, two of the greatest blessings in my life:)
1 comment:
Oh pass it Johhny!
Post a Comment