8.06.2008

T Minus 12 & Counting!


I cannot believe school is starting in 12 days! 19 if anyone has a kindergartener:) Where did the summer go? I feel like we haven't even had a chance to enjoy it and it's already over! This is going to be a big change for our family this year (mostly change for Mom), because I will have BOTH of my boys in school..(tear). I haven't decided how I feel about it yet. Everyone keeps saying, oh you are so lucky to have them both gone. The part of me that wants to pull my hair out when my children aren't getting along is VERY excited! The other part of me, the part of me who has known nothing but taking care of my kids full time for almost 9 years, wants to bury my head and cry. I'm not sure I know how to be anyone but Mom. However, I am thinking that getting out of the house while they are in school will be great for my mind and my sanity. I guess you can only clean a house so many times...right? Anyway, I'm looking for something to hopefully open up at the boys' school so that I can still be with them as much as possible. I think that somehow it still makes me feel connected to them on a full time basis. Let's hope it doesn't drive them crazy having Mom around all the time.



So anyway...I wanted to post something that happened last weekend and is for sure a journal entry day. My Dad sent me a coupon to the Gap and I thought it was a perfect idea for saving a little money on the boys' school clothes (Thanks, Dad!). I understand now why Mom used to get upset when my brothers used to get holes in their clothes. What is the deal with clothing being SO expensive?! Aaron and I will both need 2 jobs just for the bare minimum! Anyway, I called Aaron to tell him about the coupon and to my surprise he actually volunteered to help me do the shopping this year. Thanks to his willingness to help and the boys' cooperation, we were able to finish (yes, finish) all of our shopping on Friday. So nice to have it done. And to all of you out there who haven't started yet...good luck! If you think about it, shopping was the easy part. I have a feeling homework is about to get very interesting this year with both a 3rd grader and a kindergartener. So much for free time, right? Oh well, busy is what keeps us sane. Here's to a great school year:)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Well, if you are worried about cleaning your house more than once just head right over to my house. I have more than enough to keep you busy for all hours that your boys are gone. I wish I were kidding but I'm not! Ha ha.